Friday, November 5, 2010

Being "Broke"

Well, it happened again this morning. Notice from another client that she was taking her child to a daycare center, instead of here. Aside from the fact that I don't understand why anyone would want their infant in a room with a 20 kids to 1 adult ratio, there's the whole ,"Great, now I'm going to be really broke until I get more clients" issue.
Not, mind you, that I've ever been really poor. Quite the opposite, really. I've never really known hunger. Even after my first child was born, and I was so poor that the telephone got turned off, and I got evicted from my apartment for non-payment of rent, I always was able to eat. Not really well, and certainly not the way a doctor would tell you to, but I ate none-the-less. I've never had to sleep in my car because I had no where else to go. I've never worn shoes with holes in them or clothes that were too small.
God has always taken care of me, and I expect he always will. We have family who are willing to help out when needed, and there are so many opportunities in this great country of ours for people who need help.
So, I guess we'll cut out the soda and DQ runs for awhile, and Christmas gifts may be a little sparse this year, but you know what? By the biblical definition, I'm still rich. And if I have to work nights and weekends at a fast food joint to be able to pay all the bills on time, I'll just pray for strength to be able to do that, and thank the good Lord that He's given me all He has.
In the long run, none of this matters anyway. "For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able, to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day." 2 Timothy 1:12

No comments: