Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thankful Thursday

One of the forums I frequent on the web is a group that focuses on preparing for holidays. Towards this goal, we have certain days that we use every month to work on certain holidays- one of which, in preparation for Thanksgiving, is Thankful Thursday. On a thread today, some of the members have listed things they are thankful for. In the spirit of this lovely idea, I have listed below some of things I am thankful for:
1. My wonderful husband, who indulges most of my whims, and loves me anyway.
2. My two beautiful children, who, in spite of being real pains about 80 percent of the time, really really really try to be good.
3. All of the benefits of living in a 'civilized' society, including but not limited to, clean water, abundant food, easy transportation, and decent housing I don't have to share with any of God's critters that I don't want to.
4. One of God's critters that I do choose to share space with-my 80-ish pound Alaskan Malamute baby, who is scared to death of thunder and other loud noises and will cry for hours during a thunder storm, but who charged out of the house this afternoon to 'save me' from a really horrendous storm I was trying to escape. (It's good to have someone who loves you unconditionally no matter what. Dogs are cool.)
5. Being in charge of my own domain. It's good to be the queen.
6. A mother in law I actually like. When I talk to friends, and they complain about their mil's, I just smile, and relate how we go shopping together.
7. A country where I choose how I educate my children. Private school, public school, homeschool-in the good ol' USA, it's all good.
8. A country where I tell my manic-depressive, unmedicated crazy neighbor where to go, and then smile and laugh with the cops about how crazy he is. (Seriously, the man is completely in need of some serious meds, maybe some shock therapy. Hmmm, I wonder if I can buy him a gift card for that?....)
I could go one forever, but I won't. What I want to know is, what are some of yours?

1 comment:

kevbayer said...

"A country where I tell my manic-depressive, unmedicated crazy neighbor where to go, and then smile and laugh with the cops about how crazy he is. "

Heh! Sounds like many of the callers we get at work!