So, I just realized that it's been something like 2 and a half months since my last post, and I realize that the title is a little melodramatic, but, hey, I'm a writer, right? So, I'm allowed. In the interval since my last post, we've had Christmas, and New year's, and a new (yeah!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) president was inaugurated. And that's why it's time for a new post!
Without further ado, here is what I'm currently obsessed with, or what I'm currently loving:
1. It should go without saying, that I'm seriously loving my dear husband. The man is too too terrific, and all other women should be jealous of me. Go ahead. Be jealous. I'll wait.
2. I'm also loving my dear children, who are pretty terrific in their own right. I could go into the reasons, but then I'd just be bragging, and you wouldn't want to listen.
3. Beyond the family is the more ephemeral stuff. So for number 3, I'm going to list my house, which I spend way too much time dreaming about how I'll remodel into the perfect craftsman style house, when I finally get the money.
4. I love all the blogs I'm finding lately, about remodeling houses. I've been on some of the most wonderful blogoshpere vacations lately, if you know what I mean. The net is like a total vacation, in which I can go anywhere I can think of, instantly, even during naptime for the daycare kids, which never, ever, lasts long enough.
5. I'm loving one specific one of my daycare kids. A child of a single mom, she totally reminds me of one of my own kids at that age. I spend a lot of time doling out advice to her mom, like," Just be patient and hang in there! Around five years old she'll suddenly get all of this!"
6. I love being a daycare provider, period. It's like being a mom, except I can go out at night if I want. (As a side benefit, my own kids are old enough to babysit for other, smaller kids, at night, and earn money if they want!)
7. I love being old enough to not feel I have to apologize for everything I say or feel or want. Deal with it!
8. I love being confident enough to feel like I don't have to be a super-worker, -mom, -anything else. If I want to spend my day crocheting and cooking beef stew, I can. I like it, and I don't care what any feminist wannabe thinks about it. It's my house, and I'll clean it, thank you, without waiting for someone else to do it the way I think they should.
9. I love old things. Old quilts, old dishes, my old house, my old china cabinet with my old family china- I love it all, it gives me such a sense of connection with the past, with people I knew and people I didn't. I love stopping at antique stores and finding old things, and wondering who loved them once, and who thought they were ready for the thrift store, and who will one day say something like, "MOM! You sold what?!?"
10. Last and first again, I'm loving family. My mother in law, who has turned out to be the world's best mil. I am sooo blessed, to have such a wonderful woman in my life, when everyone around me hates their mother in laws. I can't even imagine life without her, she's so great. My grandfather in law, who has always called me honey, and who now only remembers family sporadically because of a stroke, but who still has the world's most wonderful disposition anyway, and who has totally taken the place of my own long gone grandparents. My parents, who I miss every day and wish I were nearer to. My siblings, even the ones who taught me what crazy means. The pastor who baptized me.
May God bless them all, because I'm loving them and I'm grateful for them. I hope they know it.